Calling all artists! Explore the Arts and Express Yourself
National PTA's Reflections program provides opportunities for recognition and access to the arts which boost student confidence and success in the arts and in life.
Each year, over 300,000 students in Pre-K through Grade 12 create original works of art in response to a student-selected theme. This 50+ year-old program helps them explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
HOW IT WORKS
- Create your original work of art.
- Title your work.*
- Write your Artist Statement. Describe our work & how it relates to the theme. **
- Submit your work online by the deadline.
- Artists selected to move to the next level will be notified.
* Make any citations for music, musicians, instrumentation & dimensions for photography/visual art. Include a word count for literature.
** 1-100 words.
Theme: The 2022-2023 Reflections theme is SHOW YOUR VOICE!
Deadline for submissions: October 28, 2022
2022-2023 Rules by Category: Rules by Category
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
- Special Artist Division
Students submit their completed works of art in one or all of the available arts categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts.