• The John Burroughs High School College/Career Center is open daily between
    7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday thru Friday, August through May.
    The College/Career Center Staff is available to serve the students of John Burroughs High School as well as the Burbank Community.

    Phone: (818) 729-6900 Ext.64901
    Fax: (818) 846-0624

    Mariela Campos, Career Center Technician - Ext. 64901
    Kathy DiNapoli, Career Tech. Ed. Technician - Ext. 64902
    Diana Dysthe, Career Tech. Ed. Counselor - Ext. 64903
    For more information on our Career Technical Education program, visit the district website at www.burbankusd.org/CTE.

    Virtual College Visits

    Virtual college visits are now taking place through the college and career center!  Click HERE to see all of the info!  If you are interested please make sure to use the registration link or Zoom link code for the virtual meeting!  These visits are open to all students and are highly recommended for Juniors and Seniors!  Go Burroughs! 

    Dual Enrollment

    • Earn both high school and college credits. 
    • Choose from a variety of classes, including: Armenian, Animation, Speech, and Child Development.

    Click HERE for more info

    Download our Monthly Newsletter

    November 2020 Newsletter
    October 2020 Newsletter
    September 2020 Newsletter

    Tips for Applying for Scholarships

    1. Read the eligibility requirements carefully, along with the deadline dates.
    2. Get a brag sheet from the College/Career Center, fill it out and give it to teachers, a counselor, or anyone whom may be writing a letter of recommendation for you. The earlier you get started, the better. Most scholarships require two or three letters of recommendation.
    3. Organize your applications, your parent’s financial information, your test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and anything else that is requested.
    4. Follow instructions to the letter, and make sure that your application is legible.

    Proofread your application, or have someone do it for you, and also make a copy of your application for your records.